2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
Date: 21st Jan 12
Location: St Margaret of Scotland Hospice Education Centre, East Barns Street, Clydebank, Glasgow G81 1EG [ Map ]
To register please download the registration form, fill it in and return it no later than 15 January 2012 to: Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, 15 Morningside Road, Edinburgh EH10 4DP.
- 10.15-10.30: Registration
- 10.30-10.45: Welcome
- 10.45-11.30: Older age dilemmas - striking the balance - Mr David Manion
- 11.30-12.15: Ethical dilemmas - an increasing challenge in the work of a Geriatrician - Dr Angela Campbell
- 12.15-13.15: Lunch
- 13.15-14.00: Human Dignity and the Elderly: Ethical and Legal Reflections - Dr Mary Neal
- 14.00-14.45: Reshaping Care for Older People - Dr Anne Hendry
- 14.45-15.40: Question time
- 15.40-15.45: Closing remarks
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- The Ethics of Surrogacy
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future