2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
Date: 26th Jan 13
Location: Scottish Health Service Centre, Conference Venue, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2LF [ Map ]
To register please download the registration form, fill it in and return it no later than 20 January 2013 to: Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, 15 Morningside Road, Edinburgh EH10 4DP.
- 10.15-10.30: Registration
- 10.30-10.45: Welcome
- 10.45-11.30: Objections to conscientious objection: morals, ethics and the law - Dr Everett Julyan
- 11.30-12.15: The effect of abortion on the moral character of the provider - Mr Anthony Ozimic
- 12.15-13.15: Lunch
- 13.15-14.00: Against 'conscience': Christianity, medical ethics and medical practice - Prof. Hugh McLachlan
- 14.00-14.45: The General Medical Council's Good Medical Practice guidance - Prof. Calum MacKellar
- 14.45-15.40: Question time
- 15.40-15.45: Closing remarks
- 2017 Film Festival - Surrogacy Ethics
- 2016 Film Festival - Capacity to Suffer
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- 2017 Annual Conference - The Ethics of Surrogacy
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Annual Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future