2017 Annual Conference - The Ethics of Surrogacy
Date: 18th Nov 17
Location: Filmhouse, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ [ Map ]
To register please download the registration form, fill it in and return it no later than 12th November 2017 to (note new address): Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, 15 North Bank Street, The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 2LS
- 10.00 Registration
- 10.20 Welcome
- 10.30 Ms. Sarah Norcross: Surrogacy: Is it still anextraordinary way to have a family?
- 11.30 Dr. Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra: Global commercialsurrogacy: an exploitative practice?
- 12.30 Lunch
- 13.30 Film (88 mins) and post-film Discussion with panelists: Future Baby
- 2018 Film Festival - The Ethics of Creating Transhuman Persons
- 2017 Film Festival - Surrogacy Ethics
- 2016 Film Festival - Capacity to Suffer
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- 2018 Annual Conference - The Ethics of Creating Transhuman Persons
- 2017 Annual Conference - The Ethics of Surrogacy
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Annual Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future