2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
Date: 22nd Nov ' - 24th Nov '
Location: Filmhouse, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ [ Map ]
How far can human beings go in replacing their body parts with machinery before they can be considered as cyborgs? Will humanity eventually become obsolete? Should individuals download themselves into their computer hard-disks before they die? What would these new developments mean for their identity?
The Cyborg Ethics Film Festival, which is a first in the world, will seek to answer some of these questions. At the end of each screening, a discussion will take place between the audience and a panel of invited experts in bioethics, science, law, medicine and politics.
See the Filmhouse website for full programme and booking information
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future