2017 Film Festival - Surrogacy Ethics
Date: 18th Nov ' - 19th Nov '
Location: Filmhouse, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ [ Map ]
What are the ethical issues arising from surrogacy?Where is it taking place? Who is considering suchprocedures? How do the children, born from theseprocedures, feel when they grow up?
This Surrogacy Ethics Film Festival, which is one ofthe first in the world, will seek to answer some ofthese questions. At the end of each screening, adiscussion will take place between the audience anda panel of invited experts in bioethics, science, law,medicine and politics.
The Film Festival is organised in partnership with The Scottish Council on Human Bioethics, Filmhouse, the Mason Institute, at the Schoolof Law, The University of Edinburgh, St Mary’s University, Twickenham - London, the University of Leicester, and the Center for Healthcare Ethics at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, USA.
- 2017 Film Festival - Surrogacy Ethics
- 2016 Film Festival - Capacity to Suffer
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- 2017 Annual Conference - The Ethics of Surrogacy
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Annual Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future