2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
Date: November 2007
Location: Filmhouse, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ [ Map ]
Why will Prince William become King? Is my genetic heritage important? Are my family name and my ancestors part of my identity? Why was I created? These are some of the questions which will be asked in this three-day biomedical ethics film festival. The films screening reflect on the subject of biological kinship and identity, and, at the end of each film, a discussion will take place between a panel of invited biomedical and bioethics experts and the audience.
Organised in partnership with the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics and the Edinburgh and South-East Scotland Branch of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Genomics Forum of Edinburgh University.
In this season
Director: James Whale
Country of origin and year: USA 1931
Duration: 71 minutes
Cast: Boris Karloff, Colin Clive, Mae Clarke, John Boles Dwight Frye
All About My Mother
Todo sobre mi madre
Director: Pedro Almodóvar
Country of origin and year: Spain/France 1999
Duration: 101 minutes
Cast: Cecilia Roth, Marisa Paredes, Penélope Cruz, Antonia San Juan, Candela Peña
Director: Eric Black & Frauke Sandig
Country of origin and year: Germany/USA 2005
Duration: 93 minutes
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future