2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
Date: November 2006
Location: Filmhouse, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ [ Map ]
A three-day biomedical ethics film festival relating to the ethics of transplantation, organ sales and trafficking and using animal organs for transplantation. A discussion will follow each screening.
Organised in partnership with the Scottish Council on Human Bioethics and the Edinburgh and South-East Scotland Branch of the British Association for the Advancement of Science.
In this season
Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu
Country of origin and year: USA 2003
Duration: 124 minutes
Cast: Sean Penn, Naomi Watts, Benicio Del Toro, Danny Huston, Charlotte Gainsbourg
DoNation: Kidney Transplant
Country of origin and year: Britain 2005
Duration: 60 minutes
Director: Michael Crichton
Country of origin and year: USA 1978
Duration: 113 minutes
Cast: Geneviève Bujold, Michael Douglas, Elizabeth Ashley, Rip Torn, Richard Widmark
The Transplant Trade
Country of origin and year: Britain 2004
Duration: 90 minutes
A World Apart
Country of origin and year: Britain 2001
Duration: 60 minutes
Pig Heart Boy
Country of origin and year: Britain 1999
Duration: 150 minutes
- 2015 Film Festival - Biomedical Research Ethics
- 2014 Film Festival - The Moral Status of the Embryo
- 2013 Film Festival - Cyborg Ethics
- 2012 Film Festival - NeuroEthics
- 2011 Film Festival - Human Dignity
- 2010 Film Festival - Psychiatry Ethics
- 2009 Film Festival - Eugenics: Science Fiction or Future Reality?
- 2008 Film Festival - End of Life issues
- 2007 Film Festival - Biological Kinship identity
- 2006 Film Festival - The ethics of transplantation and xenotransplantation
- 2005 Film Festival - The ethics of cloning
- The Ethics of Surrogacy
- 2015 Annual Conference - Biomedical Research Ethics
- Conference - Should we legalise Assisted Suicide
- 2013 Annual Conference - Principles of Conscientious Objections
- 2012 Annual Conference - What are the ethical issues regarding Care for the Elderly?
- 2011 Annual Conference - Retention of Human Tissue: Legal and Ethical Aspect
- 2010 Annual Conference - Am I a donor before I am dead?
- 2009 Annual Conference - Animal-Human hybrids
- 2008 Annual Conference - Human Dignity: What is it, and how should we respect it?
- 2007 Annual Conference - Do I belong to my family? Exploring ethical implications of biological relationships
- 2006 Annual Conference - To be or not to be? Exploring the ethical implications of embryo selection
- 2005 Annual Conference - Euthanasia - A good death?
- 2004 Annual Conference - Cloning and the Biotech Future